Significant Risk of Terrorist Attack
Workforce Development Agency
42495 North Ridge Rd.
Elyria, Ohio 44035
“Empowering youth to become self-sufficient by providing services geared toward academic and employment success.”
What is the Workforce Investment Act (WIA)?
The Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (also known as WIA) was signed into effect by President Clinton on August 7, 1998. The Act was implemented to reform Federal job training programs and create a new workforce system. The system is intended to be customer focused, and to give Americans access to the tools they need to secure their futures in the Workforce.
This law details seven key principles…
1) Providing employment/training information and services in a central location.
2) Empowering individuals by providing them with the financial assistance, information, guidance, and support they need to join or re-join the workforce.
3) Availability of core-employment related services to any individual.
4) Increase employment retention, and earnings which in turn improves the quality of the workforce.
5) Local Workforce Investment Boards and private sectors will focus on planning and policy development of the local workforce system.
6) State and local flexibility in the implementation and tailoring of the programming based on need.
7) Improved youth programming with strong connections between academic and occupational learning.
8) The Youth Programs offered through the Workforce Development Agency is based on the 7th key principle.
(Program year 2008-2009)
• LCCC/Core - Out of School Youth: $150,000.00
• YWCA – Soft skills In School Youth: $40,000.00
• B&G Club – Leadership Summit: $15,000.00
• B&G Club – Work Experience: $175,000.00
• YWCA – Internship: $80,000.00
• JVS – Summer Employment: $30,000.00
• JVS – Work Experience: $85,000.00
• Urban League – Tutoring: $40,000.00
• Boys & Girls Club – Tutoring: $40,000.00
• Domestic Relations Juvenile Court: $15,000.00
One Stop Ohio
• Animal Control
• Commissioner Pages
• Lorain County Transit
• Board Appointment
• Commissioner News
• Passport Services
• County Jobs
• Photo Contest